Inside the Brain of a Teenage Soccer Genius

Essays, Player Reviews, Scouting Reports, Events, Match Reviews, Statistics and Things of no Importance

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thank You!

The Pumas post-season picnic is one of my favorite events of the year. Fans get to acknowledge the players that we followed obsessively for three months and we get to send them on their way with warm wishes for a successful future in football hoping to either see them at a higher level or back on the Puma's roster next season. Unfortunately this season I will not be able to express my gratitude in person so I will do it in writing.

Thanks to this seasons Kitsap Pumas fans, staff and most importantly the players, my blog viewings, tweets and Facebook page "likes" reached numbers that I never would have imagined. Photos were re-tweeted by other teams and soccer moms and dads thanked me for capturing their awesome soccer stars in action. In addition to all of this publicity for my blog, I got to travel to new places (Edmonds, some suburb outside of Portland... Not exotic but certainly new!) and most importantly, meet new people. Each and every Kitsap Puma showed kindness and patience towards me and were never short of a smile for the camera. They were fantastic on the pitch and off the pitch they were good role models and all around good people. Each batch of cookies was well deserved and the long drives to away games were worth every moment.
The super fans showed the same kindness and patience towards me. They were never short of a hug and a smile and Ian and Alison were even kind enough to let me ride with them to Portland! Some of my best photos from the season are of our faithful fan following and I am glad that they are one of the few constants in this shifty PDL league.
I am heart broken that I can't thank you all in person and I hope you understand how fantastic this season was for me! I wouldn't be able to express my gratitude in person, either but I know a hug and a smile go further than a blog post ;)
*insert HUGE Madi hug here*
Thank you all so much! Puma fans: I'll see you all for indoor! Puma players: thank you for everything, I'm proud of you and can't wait to see where you take your footballing career!
~ Madi aka Soccer Boss

No comments: