Inside the Brain of a Teenage Soccer Genius

Essays, Player Reviews, Scouting Reports, Events, Match Reviews, Statistics and Things of no Importance

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Update: Kenyan Soccer Project and Madi-MIA

Update #2 for the Kenyan Soccer Project: You Miss 100% of the Shots you Don't Take:


This photo was submitted to the annual photo contest held
by the Smithsonian institution. These Burmese boys are
obviously enjoying themselves as they kick the ball around
in Myanmar. This photo captures what we are trying to capture
with this project- the positive impact on people of all ages
all over the world.
dailymail.co.uk
For me, this project was a leap of faith. I went into this with very little knowledge of what would be asked of myself and of the communities on both sides, and to be honest I was optimistic, but still doubtful of both sides ability to live up to the expectations. All of my doubts have been dissolved. Within four hours of posting the link to my blog post announcing the Kenyan Soccer Project on my Facebook profile, it was shared five five times, commented on and circulated around via email. I still have people asking me for the link so that they can spread the word! I am thrilled right now!

Lexi and I are so thrilled and extremely grateful for the amount of support that we have gained already for the KSP. We have already received an overwhelming number of offers from people all over the community and an even greater number of people who have expressed their excitement for this project.
In just the past three days, I have received countless resources to tap into just in my community. People have been offering professional advice, information on Kenyan soccer, information on management and most importantly, more people who would be able to help Lexi and I with this project. I can't thank all of you enough for your support! Shebby is working across the pond to get us more information and a contact of Lexi's, William, is working on getting some photos for us, because we believe that a picture is worth a thousand words! I am hoping that the images of the people we will be directly impacting will help boost the excitement for the KSP (although the excitement level is already through the roof!) and will help us feel more connected to the people we are helping even though we are nearly a world apart.

On a different note, we may not see another update for a week or two. I go in for back surgery tomorrow morning and will be MIA for about a week until I am done with the medications and have time to heal. Lots of people have been so supportive in this process as well as the KSP process and I can't thank you enough. I am so touched by the gestures of support, gifts, prayers and positive thoughts that have come my way in the past few weeks! As soon as I am able to get to the computer again I will be posting about the KSP to keep everyone in the loop!

Please continue to share the link with friends, family and other community members, we really appreciate the awareness and support! Thank you so much for the support, the positive thoughts, the advice, the prayers and the enthusiasm you have all put into this already. The ball is surely rolling and picking up momentum at an exponential speed, so much faster than Lexi and I imagined! It's all thanks to a great community made up of great people!

"Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God's. The sixth day is for football." - Anthony Burgess

No comments: